Strata Design 3D CX 7.0.2 Release Notes
You must have Strata Design 3D CX 7.0 in order to update to version 7.0.2. This updater will also update the PDF import extensions and Photoshop plug-ins if these have been installed into Strata Design 3D CX 7.
NOTE: The 7.0.2 update is NOT a Design 3D CXi update. Software purchased through the Mac App Store will be updated through the App Store.
What's been fixed in 7.0.2:
- Fixed a crash in polygon edit and rendering.
- Added an AZERTY Keyboard Shortcut default set.
- Changes to the memory manager to help with some of the rendering "out of memory" alerts.
- Fixed the Pen Tool not using the delete/backspace key to remove a point when actively drawing a bezier curve or region.
- Changed how we access the movie player for playing movies, etc. This change is more Lion friendly and also works well on Snow Leopard.
- A change to how we open an animation after a rendering is finished on Mac.
- Fix for a polygon editor dissolve crash.
- Fix for maintaining pivot points in Collada exports.
- Fix for a crash when dissolving more than one selection island.
- Fix for a text tool crasher.
- Fixed a linked map hang in the Image Texture dialog. This was happening with long path names that would not fit within the display field. Also now right-justifying the path in the display field.
- Fix for opening shapes from within camera and spotlight windows.
- Fixed a situation where surface shadows were not cast properly within visible light volume shaders.
- Fixed blurry transparency sometimes randomly refracting through non-refractive surfaces.
- Removed the limit on the number of volume lighting steps. Setting this higher than needed can affect rendering performance.
- Duplicated cameras no longer share backdrops.
- Caustics photons are now affected by passing through volume shaders.
- Fixed the Revert command for models with open camera windows.
- Fixed the multi-pane modeling window presets. The previous presets were causing a perspective slider redraw and selection issue.
- Fixed the modeling window default preferences options.
- Fixed the OpenGL rendering black issue.
- Fixed the deform lattice display issue.
- Fix for blotchy renderings due to bad meshes.
- Change the File menu "New" command to "New Empty Project".
- Fixed non-Roman language support. --With CX 7.0, computers set to Chinese and some other languages would result in an error on launch.
- Several fixes for the view persistency mechanism, often manifesting as slow shape window opening.
- Fix for keeping UVs when dissolving vertices, edges and faces.
- Fix for transform tab rotation issue when trying to rotate multiple objects.
- Fix for crash when mesh has no UVs and the user works in both Polygon Edit and UV Edit.
- Improved generation of UVs for faces missing UVs when entering UV Edit.
- Fix for a crash when deleting a selected shape.
Online Technical Support
Strata's technical support can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Though customer sales support is available by phone, no technical support is available via telephone. Answers to technical questions can be found in two additional ways. You can search the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and gain access to many other support resources by clicking on the Support link at Strata's website (www.strata.com). You can also find a great deal of support resources at Strata's user community site - www.stratacafe.com. At the StrataCafe you can find helpful information in the forums and answers to specific questions. You'll also find a place to post your work in progress and gain access to tips, techniques and more.
The StrataCafe at http://www.stratacafe.com is where you will find a very willing community of Strata users who can help answer many of the questions you may have about Strata 3D and many other issues dealing with the 3D world. You'll find the discussion forums to be friendly. Also check out the image galleries, resource libraries, and much, much more.
If you would like to reset all of your Strata 3D CX preferences, choose the application's Preferences command from the Strata 3D CX menu. Sometimes (though it is rare) the preference file may become corrupt and cause the application to function strangely. Resetting the preferences can sometimes help to resolve abnormal behavior in the application. To Reset the preferences, go to the Preferences dialog and click on the Reset button. Use the Quit option to immediately reset the preferences.
Compatibility Issues - Graphics Card Issues
Strata 3D CX utilizes the 3D graphics card in your computer for drawing the modeling windows. This can include, but is not limited to the movement of objects and displaying textures in the various windows. It is also used for other functions in the program. It is usually a good idea to keep your drivers up-to-date. Apple supplies both the nVidia and ATI drivers as part of the system install. Occasionally, however, a driver update may become available on the Apple website for both the nVidia and ATI cards, or via Software Update. ATI may also post newer drivers on their website for cards purchased separately from your Macintosh.