Strata Design 3D CX 7.0.7 Release Notes
You must have Strata Design 3D CX 7.0.x in order to update to version 7.0.7. This updater will also update the PDF import extensions and Photoshop plug-ins if these have been installed into Strata Design 3D CX 7.
NOTE: The 7.0.7 update is NOT a Design 3D CXi (App Store) update. Software purchased through the Mac App Store will be updated through the App Store.
What's been fixed in 7.0.7:
- Boolean fixes to deal with reports of boolean objects not displaying in the modeling view or in renderings, like they did in previous versions.
- Several fixes for the polygon editor dissolve function.
- Fix for crash when dissolving vertices. This process can still take a long time if large quantities of vertices are selected.
- Changes to see if we can avoid the (setworkingtool) crash that a few users have encountered.
- Now allowing long file names in the Object Properties, Project Window and other Edit Text fields where appropriate.
- Fixes for importing of long file name files so that they aren't truncated.
- Added the "Sounds" folder to the custom resource folder configuration location so that you can add your own .wav audio files.
- Added support for using the option-key to close all open snapshot image windows for the active model.
- Fix for a rare crash that could occur while closing modeling windows.
- Fix for polygon editor CPU high usage issue.
- Fix for canceling of OBJ's MTL file prompt aborting the OBJ geometry data import.
- Fix an issue with loading some files containing IK Bone objects that have been put into a shape.
- Fix for some add point tool selecting issues in wireframe and outline modes.
- Fix for a tool button sync issue.
- Fix for a hang or error alert when showing the About dialog (for example) with an active rendering using some special camera types.
- Fixed a crash on quit situation.
- Fixed an issue with opening models containing an FBX object.
- Fixed a Collada (.zae) issue with files containing spaces in the filename.
Online Technical Support
Strata's technical support can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Though customer sales support is available by phone, no technical support is available via telephone. Answers to technical questions can be found in two additional ways. You can search the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and gain access to many other support resources by clicking on the Support link at Strata's website (www.strata.com). You can also find a great deal of support resources at Strata's user community site - www.stratacafe.com. At the StrataCafe you can find helpful information in the forums and answers to specific questions. You'll also find a place to post your work in progress and gain access to tips, techniques and more.
The StrataCafe at http://www.stratacafe.com is where you will find a very willing community of Strata users who can help answer many of the questions you may have about Strata 3D and many other issues dealing with the 3D world. You'll find the discussion forums to be friendly. Also check out the image galleries, resource libraries, and much, much more.
If you would like to reset all of your Strata Design 3D CX preferences, choose the application's Preferences command from the Strata Design 3D CX menu. Sometimes (though it is rare) the preference file may become corrupt and cause the application to function strangely. Resetting the preferences can sometimes help to resolve abnormal behavior in the application. To Reset the preferences, go to the Preferences dialog and click on the Reset button. Use the Quit option to immediately reset the preferences.
Compatibility Issues - Graphics Card Issues
Strata 3D CX utilizes the 3D graphics card in your computer for drawing the modeling windows. This can include, but is not limited to the movement of objects and displaying textures in the various windows. It is also used for other functions in the program. It is usually a good idea to keep your drivers up-to-date. Apple supplies both the nVidia and ATI drivers as part of the system install. Occasionally, however, a driver update may become available on the Apple website for both the nVidia and ATI cards, or via Software Update. ATI may also post newer drivers on their website for cards purchased separately from your Macintosh.