Crossgrade

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Philip Adams 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Philip Adams
    Participant

Crossgrade……..HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHOHOHOHAHAHA!
    Just buy a new computer so that you can continue using our software! Or buy emulator software just so you can use our software!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHOHOHOHAHAHA!

Oh and send a couple of hundred dollars to us just to get your Windows based software…HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHOHOHOHAHAHA!
    That’s it…I’m outa here!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHOHOHOHAHAHA! Crossgrade………

filbert

Remember, your only as good as your last image.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
    4 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
    10.12.6 Sierra

Kevin Condie
    Keymaster

I don’t see how offering a Crossgrade to the PC version would affect you as a Mac user. There are a number of reasons why someone would find the Crossgrade a welcome cost-saving option. A user/company has switched to using PC’s as the main computer platform and want to switch their license(s) to the PC and phase out the Mac platform or vice versa.  Or a user/company has a dual-platform environment and has a PC available and aren’t looking to immediately replace a dying Mac or vice versa. Also, the Crossgrade is good for those who work primarily on a Mac and want/have some PC’s available and want to put them to work rendering while they continue working on the Mac.  Those are some of the common situations where we are asked for a Crossgrade purchasing option.

The Design 3D CX 8 for PC product brings the Design 3D CX 8 feature set to PC users. This wasn’t available for some time, but now the Mac and PC are back in sync with each other, so files can be shared back and forth between the two platforms.  This is a welcome upgrade for users/companies with dual-platform environments.

Yes, Design 3D CX 8 for PC is fully 64-bit and the Mac is only partially 64-bit for the time being. We are working on migrating the remaining pieces of Design 3D CX for Mac to be fully 64-bit. We’ll make an announcement when that is nearing completion.

Be aware that Design 3D CX 8 is compatible with High Sierra 10.13 and Mojave 10.14.  Design 3D CX 8 for Mac 64-bit (fully), is anticipated to be ready in the first quarter of next year.

Philip Adams
    Participant

Hi Kevin,
    You are the very first person that has answered my original forum question as to what Strata’s intensions are for the up coming Apple OS’s. (See Apple 64 bit support in forum dated December 22nd 2017.) I notice that your reasoning about who would like the “Crossgrade” is very similar to Britt’s over at the Strata Cafe.

People have been asking what Strata was going to do for a long time. Well, due to the lack of info I was forced to move on to Blender. I do this kind of stuff for a living and the lack of info on Strata’s part just forced me to make a decision that I wasn’t happy about. But, for my own need to make sure I could provide my clients with uninterrupted work delivered in a timely manner, I had to move on.

I’ve been using Strata products since the Studio Pro Blitz days. There are issues that are in today’s software that were present back in those days. I noticed that there isn’t anything new in this “Crossgrade” package. I hope Strata will make their software more in line with modern 3D packages.

Thanx for the info albeit a bit too late.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.