Replicate Deformed Text/Object Animation

Home Support Forums Basic Support Design 3D CX 8 forum Replicate Deformed Text/Object Animation

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kevin Condie 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tommy Barrios
    Participant

I created a text object and deformed it over time creating an animated text deformation, I then tried to replicate and/or duplicate the animated text deformation without success!
    The Deformation Object replicates or duplicates, but NOT the Animated Deformed Text Object like the original?
    I tried the linking thing but that did not work either!

Kevin Condie
    Keymaster

If you are wanting multiples of the same animated text deformation, you can select the deformation and the text object and create a New Shape. You can then add multiple instances of the Shape into the project.

Tommy Barrios
    Participant

WHY do I want to replicate the shapes/images/objects??
    That makes no sense to me!
    All I want to do is replicate the deformation animation at different places on the timeline, not have many more animated shapes/images/objects to Render!
    The deformed animated shapes/images/objects DO NOT MOVE in space and therefore multiples would be stacked on top of one of each in the Z axis, which is INSANE!

Kevin Condie
    Keymaster

That was suggested without understanding your specific project. Since we’ve been communicating directly I’ve been able to look at your file and was able to help with some of the issues you were having. I’m currently looking into the animation questions you’ve communicated in our support email discussion.

A note on the Shapes/Shape Instance feature… it is a very useful feature, that is underutilized. It is more versatile than the more simple, less efficient Grouping feature, which does have its place in modeling, but when used in situations where Shapes should be used, causes files to be larger than necessary and more difficult to work with and can cause renderings to be a bit slower. So, learning how to use Shapes/Shape Instance is worth the effort.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.