Grid opens upside down

Home Support Forums Basic Support Design 3D CX 8 forum Grid opens upside down

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kevin Condie 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Clifford Tresner
    Participant

When launching a new project or opening an old one the grid view is upside down. This corrects itself when moving through other views or using the environment hand tool, but reverts back to an upside down space when in isometric view. Screen shot attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Kevin Condie
    Keymaster

This is an OpenGL driver issue.

What are your computer system specs?

Clifford Tresner
    Participant

I am using a Mac 3.2 GHZ intel core I% processor. This problem did not occur at first, but only after I opened a file from a trial version, maybe 7.5 version. Or last time I have a file open I played around with the grid a little.

Should I uninstall and install again?

Kevin Condie
    Keymaster

Is it a MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, iMac…?

What graphics card is in the computer?

What Mac OS version is installed?
    Did you recently upgrade to a newer Mac OS X version?

If you create a new model does the problem continue?

Clifford Tresner
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Kevin Condie
    Keymaster

Also, I should have asked earlier what exact version of Design 3D CX are you using?

We have seen this issue before with the NVidia Geforce graphics card. As I recall a system update fixed the issue. It has been a while since I last saw reports on this issue. It would seem that this NVidia Geforce OpenGL issue may have been reintroduced in High Sierra’s recent version update.

Clifford Tresner
    Participant

I am running CX 8 and that is the Graphics card installed. Strata worked fine on my laptop. I have been waiting to update from High Sierra to Mohave. I will give that a try and see what happens. Thanks

Clifford Tresner
    Participant

Funny. It seems to have resolved itself this morning after shutting the system down. Maybe this had something to do with the safe reboot, anyway thanks for the discussion, I learned something.

Kevin Condie
    Keymaster

Safe mode reboot doesn’t load some things so that could very well have been the reason for this issue showing up.

Thanks for letting me know you go it working and the situation that likely caused this to happen.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.