Import from Maya

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Amina El Barakeh 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Amina El Barakeh
    Participant

Hi, can I import a model from 3D Maya and if so does it come along with animation rigs and everything?

Kevin Condie
    Keymaster

I would appear that the only export format in Maya, without the need for a plugin, that Design 3D supports is FBX.

You might try exporting to an FBX file and see how that works for you.

FBX 6, I believe, is the FBX version that Design 3D CX 8 currently supports.

Amina El Barakeh
    Participant

Hi again, I tried the FBX format yet it didn’t import animations… is there another way?

Kevin Condie
    Keymaster

So, the FBX file did import but without animation data, am I understanding that correctly?

Are you able to save to older FBX versions?

I could take a look at the FBX file and see if the imported object has any embedded animation in it or not.

Imported FBX objects are special object types.

Amina El Barakeh
    Participant

– the fbx file with animation imported with no data. the other without animation imported without textures.

– i will try and get back to you on this.

– i will upload it for you just tell me how.

– yes, tell me more. i’m sorta new to Strata but more familiar with Maya.

Kevin Condie
    Keymaster

You will need to zip (compress) the file(s) to be able to submit them. If you’d like you can send them to support@strata.com and we can continue the conversion by email.

If you still have trouble with the file size you can submit a file to support@strata.com using your choice of online file transfer services like Google Drive sharing, Dropbox, WeTransfer, HighTail, etc.

Amina El Barakeh
    Participant

Thank you for your support; I have sent you an email with the files. My name is Amina.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.