Home Support Forums Basic Support Design 3D CX 8 forum Installation / License problems

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kevin Condie 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

aemann
    Participant

I just purchased the update from my Strata CX7.5 to CX8.0. I’ve downloaded the DMG and installed it as per the instructions, but I can’t get it to run. When I try the activation number or my 7.5 number, I get a pop-up saying “We were unable to make contact with the licensing server and your Design 3D CX license cannot be verified. This Design 3D CX license is now disabled. Please check you internet connection and try again. If the problem persists contact support@strata.com

I’m not behind a Firewall, I don’t have “Little Snitch” or anything like that running, my connection is fine

A long time ago, probably 2015, I downloaded the trial version but didn’t proceed with the purchase to the full version at that time and deleted the application – I can only think that something has been left which is interfering with the process. However, I’ve no idea what or where that could be.

I’d really like to get CX8.0 running ASAP – I’m a very long term Strata user and really want to continue using it. Any help or advice would be gratefully received!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Kevin Condie
    Keymaster

We are already working with you through the support emails. Another message requesting some more information from you was recently sent out.

The issue is that CX 8 on your computer is not being allowed to communicate with the licensing server. Something is blocking that communication. We just need to figure out why that is being blocked.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.